Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

I find that when I start my day with a Paleo diet friendly breakfast, I make better health decisions the rest of the day.  In the morning I need something fast because I am usually in a hurry.  It is important to eat well year around to give you energy for your work outs and to achieve/maintain a healthy body weight.  Here is a recipe for muffins that you can make a head of time. 

·         2 cups almond flour
·         1 tsp baking powder
·         1 tsp baking soda
·         Dash of sea salt
·         1 can pumpkin puree
·         2 small zucchini, grated
·         1 apple, grated
·         ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
·         1 cup currents, dried
·         4-5 eggs (depending on size)
Flavor options
·         1 Tbs cinnamon, ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg, ½ cup candies ginger (the sugar on the ginger is not Paleo but it is very little about so I don’t stress about  it)
·         ½ cup natural dark chocolate chips

Mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.  Then mix everything together.  Fill muffin tin lined with backing cups most the way. Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.  Check with a toothpick.  If it does not come out clean bake 5 minutes and check again until the toothpick comes out clean. Makes 24.

Try these out and have fun making it your own to suit your taste.   Let me know what how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment